Thursday, December 3, 2009

Cc:Curmudgeon



cur·mudg·eon
(kr-mjn)
n.
An ill-tempered person full of resentment and stubborn notions.

[Origin unknown.]

cur·mudgeon·ly adj.
cur·mudgeon·ry n.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.


Word in Context:
And the prince or nobleman must be a very stingy curmudgeon, to be sure, if, at least, when his own dinner was over, he would not bid them welcome to the broken victuals from the table.Tanglewood Tales by Hawthorne, Nathaniel



I can't hide, no
On the mantle
I'm not sad
Until I'm home

It's the season
I'm all reason
I have seen
All I have grown

Sheared at the seams
Cheat on me
And not seen
At the seams

I'm a lender
I'm a planter
I put something
In the garden

In the handle
On the mantle
I met Santa
I met God

I'm a lady
Can you save me?
It's the sulfur
I have grown

'Tis the season
I'm all reason
I have fleas
So run on home

No comments:

Post a Comment