Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Ss: sholem aleichem

definitionPeace be with You.  And is answered by saying Aleichem Sholem.  (b) also the name of my favorite Jewish Author. I am reading his short stories, for my short story celebration in April.Coctail Party BanterShalom Aleichem, brother, I hope all is well with you. Literary ContextEight days later, his disciples were inside again, and Thomas was with them. Although the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you."
(Joh 20:26 ESV)



and


He threw his long arms about me.  "Heh, sholom aleichem! He gave out with the that neighing laugh, and we marched off for another L'chaim!"
from The Golden Land: A literary Portrait of American Jewry, 1654 to the present by Azriel Louis Eisenberg.


Audio Visual




1 comment:

  1. Sholom Aleichem's autobiography, From the Fair, is now available as an eBook http://www.plunkettlakepress.com/ftf.html

    ReplyDelete