Thursday, February 3, 2011

Hh: Homage


Definition

(N)Special Honor Bestowed on a person, place, or thing.
(Vb Tr) Archaic/Poetic-to play homage to.


Cocktail Party Banter

We played homage to Edgar Rice Burroughs by watching all of the Tarzan Movies yesterday, man that's a lot of movies.

Literary Context:



These days past, when sending Your Excellency my plays, that had appeared in print before being shown on the stage, I said, if I remember well, that Don Quixote was putting on his spurs to go and render homage to Your Excellency.

Now the councillors and the captains of the People of the Axe konzaed to him whom they named the Slaughterer, doing homage to him as chief and holder of the axe, and also they did homage to the axe itself.


Search for Words

Homage said Om agggg... see the Free Dictionary.
I thought I should look it up so that I did not say it wrong, currently I am reading Homage to Catalonia by George Orwell.


Audio/Visual

:





No comments:

Post a Comment